Tuesday, September 23, 2014

School days

As the summer draws to an end..... I am so thankful to say that I am so comforted by the plans we have for Laney when I have to leave her.  We originally enrolled her at Learning Vine.  We have friends with kids there and it was ok.  I told myself she would be fine at a nursery..... but in my heart it wasn't what I wanted for these first months.  I wanted someone to continue holding her and loving her like she is used to.  I prayed that God would make it clear where she was supposed to go and I would be okay with wherever that was.  After several other opportunities didn't work out, I accepted that she was supposed to go to Learning Vine. I just felt like every time I told someone where she was going, in the back of my mind.... it wasn't what I wanted.  So one Sunday, I picked her up from the nursery at church and someone asked where she was going.  Jennifer Hudson just happened (yeah right) to be in the room and heard the conversation of Learning Vine and my ,what I felt to be, needed explanation.  The next week, we had a call on our answering machine from Jennifer.  I knew she wasn't calling to ask about us keeping the nursery at church because she didn't mention it on the message.  I immediately thought..... maybe she will keep Laney!!!  When I called her back, that was exactly what she was calling for.  She knew she didn't just happen into the nursery to hear my conversation.... she felt that God had opened that door for her.  So with happy hearts and a sense of relief, it was evident that God had other plans.  Laney gets to go to Learning Express two mornings a week and then Jennifer picks her up on those days and she keeps her all day on the other days.  We are so thankful!!!!!!!  Laney started Learning Express a week early just to get her used to it and I wanted to be able to take her a few morning before going back to school.  She has a precious teacher, Mrs. Linda.  The first morning, Laney just smiled when Mrs. Linda talked to her.  She is also loving Jennifer.  I have to get a picture with Jennifer.  I didn't realize that I don't have one until I started this blog. 
I'm back at school now and it's going well.  It's been an adjustment getting up at 5:00 but good.  Last year was hard because I didn't have a break scheduled and I had training all year.  Well this year, training is done and our literacy coach scheduled me a break during the day.  That gives me an opportunity to plan for the next day!!  So I don't have so much to do at home.  This was another concern that I had.  I didn't want to come home and spend the time that I have with Laney doing school work.  Guess what I prayed and God has taken care of that concern as well!! PTL
  This was just another reminder that prayer DOES work.  I love that my God is interested in every detail of our lives.  I love to see him at work.  Only he could have orchestrated these plans and given me the peace that I have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment