Wednesday, October 1, 2014

3......4 shut the door!!!!!!

I can't believe our baby is 4 months old.  I am not sure where the time has gone.  I am going to have to combine 3month and 4 month pictures.  I never updated at three months.  We have been really busy and I have now started back to work.  It is harder than ever to get everything in.  It seems that I just get the necessities accomplished these days.  Anyway Little Miss Laney is sweeter than ever.  She smiles often, sleeps like a champ, and is the love of our lives.  I can't even believe how much we love her.  She is changing so much.  I don't realize it until I look back at pictures.  I am excited for what is to come with her..... but I want time to slow down so I can enjoy her right now.  She likes to be held, she sits still, she needs me for everything.  These days won't last long and before we know it, she will prefer independence.  I thank God for what he has given us.  I never in my wildest dreams would have thought we would have gotten such a perfect match.  God does know what he is doing and I'm not sure why I ever thought anything different.  Not that I doubted him..... just didn't realize the love that is felt between a child and parent.   It just makes me sit in awe at how much God loves his children.  More than earthly parents/child????  I just can't fathom it!!  Anyway..... here is what prissy is up to these days. 

Well she has started sleeping all by herself in her own crib!!  It was hard for us but she is just fine.  We put her down about 9:00 and she usually sleeps until 6:30 ( I am so thankful she is a good sleeper).
*She prefers to sit up but still loves to lay on her pallet and kick.
* She drools uncontrollably - no signs of a tooth, just the age
*She loves to eat and is a formula snob - we must get the most expensive premixed stuff.  Don't even think of giving her the powder kind.
*She is ticklish under her chin  She seems to get another roll everyday. 
*She occasionally will laugh out loud~ the highlight of my day to hear this!!!
*She loves Ellie the elephant
*She weighed 14 lbs and 8oz at our last visit to the doctor
*She sits up in the highchair at the table with us even though she is not eating solid foods yet
*She loves the bumbo seat and loves to sit in one of those sit and plays with all the toys surrounding her
*She will watch Baby Einstein
* She wakes around 6:30 then goes back to sleep after eating until about 8:00.  She takes a nap in the morning, afternoon, and evening before bed.
*She still loves a bath!!!
*Her expressions (especially in her eyebrows) are hilarious
*She sucks her fingers and seems to want to eat them.  She makes this loud smacking/sucking noise when she does it (will have to work on that smacking later on down the road)

I love being with her.  She puts a smile on my face~ I sometimes just want to bite her (but no worries, I control myself).

 Ellie the elephant

Look at her holding her head up!!!
 
Until next time.... enjoy whatever season you are in.  God has you there for a reason!  Don't spend your time thinking of tomorrow when you have today!!!  I pray that I will savor every moment and make the most of every opportunity I am given.  I am so thankful as I look back at where God has brought me.  I have learned so much through the hard and easy times!! 
 
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven .Ecclesiastes 3:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment