Tuesday, November 4, 2014

5 months

I can't believe that another month has come.  They are coming too fast!!  I talk often about how excited I am for what is to come with her, but I just want to cherish this time with her.  She is changing so much!! I can see her personality starting to shine through. She smiles a lot and often squeals out loud.  Today in Moes she was so loud.  Just squealing and laughing at us!  She often will grab your face (or hair) with both hands and she seems like she is going to take a bite out of your face. It's hilarious.  She loves the "sit-n-play".  An attitude will come out if she can't get one of the toys to reach her mouth.  She reaches and grabs things now.  She can switch from hand to hand.  She can entertain herself for longer periods of time.  She loves playing with Ellie (her elephant lovey), Sophie, the giraffe, and her rattles.  We wonder if she is going to be left handed.  She does everything with her left hand. Her hair has thickened up a lot.  She can even wear a bow now!!!  She has rolled over a few times.  She is getting better at sitting.  She still has to be propped but she has so much more balance.  For about two weeks, she seemed to be crankier than normal.  When we noticed that she was getting two teeth in the front on the bottom.  So we survived our first teething experience.  She is much better now.  I hope the others are like these two.  Laney has started eating cereal now.  She eats in the evening when we eat dinner.  She does really well.  She seemed to know exactly what to do.  She will be on cereal for several weeks and then we will move onto vegetables.  I am going to attempt to make her baby food.  A friend let me borrow her baby food maker.  She is still swaddled at night.  We never know how we will find her in the morning though.  She starts out laying vertical.  Many mornings she has somehow wiggled into a horizontal position.  She moves like a little worm in her crib.  She loves the bath!!  Everyday, I find myself checking the clock.  I get so excited to go and pick her up (even though most days she is cranky and sleepy by that point).  Never would I have imagined that I could love her this much!!!  At her last doctor visit, she weighed 15lbs 8 oz. (50 percentile).  She was 26 inches long (80 percentile- up from the 34 percentile at our last visit).  Lots of "firsts" this month.  It's been a fun month!!
 This little girl likes to swing!!
 Ready for school!! 



 My two teeth!!!
I could eat her up when she smiles like this!!!
Dear God- Thank you for placing this precious little girl in our lives.  She has brought us so much joy!!! Thank you for allowing me the privilege of parenting her.  Thank you for the love that I feel. I pray that we will sing your praises all the days of her life.  So that she will know just how much you love her!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment