Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm BACK........ I missed our 5th Anniversary

Well...... I am sad that my computer has been out of commission for three weeks now!!! Well, I have a lot to catch up on.  We had some important events happen lately. 

I'll start with our 5th anniversary.  We had a wonderful day/weekend.  Our Anniversary was Friday, August 2nd.  I knew we were going to the mountains on Friday, so Thursday night we watched our wedding video.  This is a tradition of ours.  I love to listen to our vows, see all of the friends we have to support us, and relive one of the most important days of my life.  It is a sweet memory.  Wow.... are we blessed to have each other. I noticed as we watched just how much we have changed in five short years.  We certainly don't look as young, but I really thought about how much we have grown(closer to each other and God).  Thank God for good and hard times- times where we have to stop, slow down, and turn to him.  The morning of our anniversary, I was doing my quiet time and I read about David- Just a young Shepard about to turn king.  Wow the plans God had for him!!!! Then as I continued my study I read before he took over his role as king, his job was to play the harp for Saul (wasn't at all what David thought, but he stuck with it and waited).  This was God's way of preparing him for what was to come.  As I thought about our life and what God has chosen for us at the present time..... I know he is at work on our behalf!  I pray that we will know the plans he has for us during this season of life and accept those plans and go after him with our whole heart. 

I am so blessed to have Matt in my life. For now here is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.  I will get to work on blogging our pictures and details from our anniversary weekend. 
 
 
 "But forget all of that- it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.  For I am about to do a brand- new thing.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?" 
Isaiah 43:18-19a 
 
I can't wait to see what God has in store for us......I know he has definitely been at work in our hearts the last 2 1/2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment