Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's been a year........

Oh my, I can't believe that I am posting about our one year anniversary of waiting!! I really didn't think we would have to wait this long as we were going through this same process a year ago.  BUT- here we are.   On March 31st we had our home study update.  We have gone through a few workers since we have gotten on board with Bethany.  We started out with Jeanette, who was so sweet and we really liked her.  She completed our initial home study.  We got a notice from her that she was leaving.  Then we received word that Sheri was going to be working with us.  We spoke with Sheri but never got to meet her.  Not too long after that, Sherri was leaving.  So our update home study was completed by Tricia.  We were so blessed by her.  She stayed at our house for about 2 hours.  Our initial home study didn't last that long.  I guess we didn't really know what to expect therefore, we didn't have much to say or ask- just excited.  Tricia made us feel so confident.  We (mainly me) have worried a lot about the choices we have made over the last year.  You may not be aware of how all this works.  We made a profile book that is at the four Bethany offices and the expectant mothers choose us.  Well if there are any red flags that the mother wants the awaiting families to be aware of..... Then she might choose to  send out a recruitment email.  This is where you read a brief summary of the situation and respond if you are okay and willing to adopt that child even with the circumstances.  Most of the time you have 2-3 days to respond.  It is so hard to respond to those emails,  usually we have known right off in our heart if we were or were not ok with the situation but it is still very hard to not respond.  I always question the decisions that we make.  The what ifs set in and I worry... Because I certainly don't want to miss out on what God has planned  for us.  Thank goodness for Matt.  He is the one with the backbone who has to remind me that we made decisions about what we were ok with and what we we're not ok with in the beginning.  With all that said......... My main point is- this is hard and Tricia made me feel so much better.  So at the beginning of this process last year, God really showed me to seek him and let him handle all the details of the adoption.  So I planned to serve him and wait on him to act.  I can say that this last year has been one of the most rewarding as far as my walk with him.  I am at a place I have never been before.  He has spoken to me in so many ways and I have felt him alive through my bible so much that I can't even began to explain how awesome it is.  Last summer I started a bible study at my house.  This has been such a blessing to me.  I have learned so much from the ladies at church.  One of the gifts god has given me is hospitality and opening up my home to study his word has been a fun experience.  We have just recently started a new study and God linked our ladies with some of my good friends at another church.  So they have joined us and it is so much fun to talk, fellowship, and connect with other ladies through bible study.  I am excited to see what God has in store for us.  We have almost outgrown my house but I love it!  I have also experienced God through the woman's ministry at church.  We usually plan a women's entreat every year at the cove. This year, we decided to do a mini retreat at our church.  I was in charge of decorating the tables for the event.  It was a lot of work..... But so much fun and boy did I learn a lot from other women at my church who led the sessions.  I am so fortunate to be a part of  what God is doing at church.  I also am on the pastor search committee.  Talk about a daunting task!!!!!  I have also had the great privilege to serve alongside some of the most knowledgeable and faithful people I have ever met.  We have had the privilege of seeing God at work in so many ways.  We are still early in the process but feel God at work.  Three Sundays ago, we finished up a series on prayer.  Since we had be doing a prayer series, we spent the last portion of our time just praying.  One of the ladies, prayed on our behalf (crying and pleading ) for The Lord to bring us a baby.  I felt that she truly was sharing in our pain.  It was such an awesome experience  to known that we have so many people praying for us.  I get regular texts that remind me that we are being prayed for.  So as you can see, God has given me lots of opportunity to serve him.... And the best way I have served him through all of that is getting in his word and talking with him on a daily basis.  If you don't have a quiet time... I highly encourage it!!!  So as we continue to wait..... My prayer is that my face will shine bright with God's glory!  I pray that I will come into his presence daily and that my face will continue to radiate his light.  I read about Moses and the Ten Commandments and how his face would glow after he had been in the presence of God.  BUT-  he had to veil his face because the glow would start to go away.  Thank goodness for the new covenant that Jesus provided for us and the opportunity I have daily to come into the HIS presence.
 "And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of The Lord .  And as the Spirit of The Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more."  2 Corinthians 3:18  I am ready for a baby but I am so thankful for the waiting.  God has taught me more in this time of waiting than I could have ever imagined.  It is my prayer that even when we do get a precious baby that I will continue to love and serve Him with all my heart, mind, and soul!  Thank you God for all your gifts.  You knew just what I needed.  I pray that I will continue to draw close to you.  I want to leave a legacy behind that leads others to you~ especially my baby.  Please help me to stay focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment