Monday, July 7, 2014

Let Freedom RING

Well, we just spent the last two days getting ready for our 4th of July celebration.  I must say that it was so much fun.  We invited lots of friends that we haven't gotten together with in a while and their kids.  We had a slide that led to a slip-n-slide, sprinkler, water guns, sparklers, and water balloons.  It was so much fun watching them.  We had lots of good food and a nice time to catch up.  Laney survived her first cookout.  I must say, she did rather well.  We sat in her seat when needed and was held other times. We didn't finish up until 10:30 and she was so patient.  I think we should tire her out more often because she slept from 10:30 until 6:30!!!! It will be fun when she can get up and run around with the other kids, but I am certainly not wishing away this cuddly time when she really just wants to be held!!  I was thinking about her this morning, the sermon I heard yesterday, and our freedom in Christ. I pray that our life will not deprive her of knowing about that freedom.  I want to be an example of what its like to live in freedom.  I want her to hear about how Jesus paid it all (through our words and actions) and all to HIM we owe.  I pray that she will put her faith in Jesus Christ so that she can live a life that is free.  Free of worrying about the future, free of trying to be a better person so she will measure up (because none of us are good, but praise the lord he took on our sins so we don't have to measure up), free of guilt from the past and so much more. I pray that she will fight for her freedom through the pursuit of His word. I pray that because of her freedom she will shine brightly and these words of hope will flow from her mouth so others can experience that freedom as well.  Look at these sweet kids!  There are so many of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment