Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!!!

Well~ I am moving on.  Two posts in one day!!! I'm improving by leaps and bounds!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  As I said earlier, Matt's grandmother passed away the weekend before Thanksgiving so the Charleston crew didn't come back.  So this Thanksgiving, we started our day at Matt's mom and dad's.  We enjoyed a feast, had a little time for that to digest, and then on to the Reid's we went.  WoW~  I shouldn't have eaten for days.  I do love Thanksgiving!!!  We have so much to be thankful for and I wouldn't want to spend it any other way than with BOTH of our families.  It made me a little sad to see people camped out in lines shopping, shopping, and more shopping on Thanksgiving.  I am not into that.  I did go out for a while on black Friday.  I started at about 7:00.  I went to Blossom, my most favorite store.  I don't get to go there often, but when I can get 30% off and my birthday is just days away, I set out to buy something.  Then I met Mama and Marcie.  It was amazing at how normal it was.  I guess everyone was sleeping because the hustle and bustle took place all night.  Anyway- I love to get my decorations up the day after Thanksgiving.  I LOVE decorating for Christmas.  That afternoon, I helped Mama put up her tree.  It turned out really cute.  We used burlap on her tree.  Here is a picture. 

Then I came home to finish my decorating.  Matt and I went to get a tree.  We have one artificial tree and one real one.  I love a real tree!  The tree in my dining room is fancy.  I wanted our tree in the den to be fun and whimsical.  I found the perfect tree topper for it.  I love turning it on, it makes our house SO cozy.  I turn it on first thing in the morning and it is the last thing to be turned off at night.  Did I mention that I LOVE Christmas???  Here are some pictures.  I even decorated my bedroom this year.  Did I mention I LOVE Christmas??




 
 

 
 
 We ended our Thanksgiving with our annual Hanging of the Greens service.  Last year, we were Mary and Joseph!  This year our role was a little easier, Matt and I just had to hang a wreath and position the poinsettias at the front of the church.  The theme this year was Reclaiming Christmas.  It is my prayer that we will reclaim Christmas as the day God sent his son to this Earth to save my life! ~Not presents, Santa, elf on the shelf, decorations, and the list goes on and on. As fun as that stuff is- WOW!!! what a gift we were given that is so undeserving.  Thank you Jesus for leaving glory to face the cross to rescue me! I pray that I will be bold and tell others this season of the wonderful gift that awaits them!!! So for now... Merry CHRISTmas!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment