Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

I saw this in my drafts.... I had never posted!  Oh well, I am still thankful for all the love!!
 Just couldn't delete.

I guess Love is in the air:)  This morning, I was on facebook and everyone was dedicating their posts to their wonderful husbands and sweet kids and talking about how much they love and how blessed they are.  Yes husbands and children are such a wonderful blessing.  Yes I love my husband, but all I have been able to think about is the love that Jesus has for us!  I guess since I have been in Romans and reading about the wonderful gift  we can receive by believing in Jesus Christ (even though we are so undeserving) this concept is more on my mind than ever!  As I went for my walk  today, I had my ipod playing and the song "Forever Reign" came on.  The words struck me like they never had before.  "Oh I'm running to your arms, I'm running to your arms.  The riches of our love will always be enough... then it goes onto to say.....My heart will sing, no other name, Jesus!!  I almost got teary eyed.  It just reminded me, that no matter what~ I will have Jesus (his love IS enough)!!  I have so much to be thankful for.  I have the love of Christ!! I am forgiven!!  I have eternal life!!!!  I have a wonderful husband!!!  I have an awesome family!!!!  I have great friends!!!  So on this Valentine's, I am celebrating the fact that I have the love of Christ that will last for all eternity!!
I hope you will find this verse as encouraging as I do.  It is my all time favorite and so appropriate for Valentines!! This is Paul's prayer for other believers and it is my prayer for myself and others
"And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him.  May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it.  Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God." 
Ephesians 3:17-19
 

No comments:

Post a Comment